Old 25-07-2014, 08:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Garden pea plants and white powder

"Chris Hogg" wrote

"Barrier" wrote:

I have a couple of rows of garden peas planted and over the last couple of
weeks a white powdery substance has appeared on them and it would seem
that
the plants are suffering as a result, although the mature peas seem to be
uninfected.

Any suggestions please as to the cause of the powder.

Mildew? Often occurs in dry weather. Make sure the peas are kept well
watered. If you already do that, then I'm out of suggestions!

By "well watered" Chris means a watering can (1.5 gals) for every, say, 5ft
of the row. You may already be doing that but I see some allotment holders
using only enough water to change the colour of the earth not water the
plants and then wondering why they don't look like mine.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.