Old 26-07-2014, 07:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank Frank is offline

Default Drywall scraps

On 7/26/2014 2:15 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
We're building a house , and I find myself with small pieces left over .
Are these any good as a soil amendment ? Gypsum iis the main ingredient ,
and I don't know if it acidic or basic . I don't really have any other way
to dispose of this stuff , if I can add it to my compost heap that'd be a
double plus .

Gypsum is calcium sulfate. You can google up use in the garden but
don't think there is any advantage to use it.