Old 27-07-2014, 12:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Barrier Barrier is offline

Default Garden pea plants and white powder

Chris Hogg wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 00:17:30 +0100, "Barrier"
wrote:

Hi there,

I have a couple of rows of garden peas planted and over the last
couple of weeks a white powdery substance has appeared on them and
it would seem that the plants are suffering as a result, although
the mature peas seem to be uninfected.

Any suggestions please as to the cause of the powder.

many thanks

Barry

Mildew? Often occurs in dry weather. Make sure the peas are kept well
watered. If you already do that, then I'm out of suggestions!

Thanks for the reply Chris. Yes they were watered aplenty, but the ground
doesn't hold water that well so your suggestion could well be the problem.

Barry