Old 28-07-2014, 09:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Good types of clover for lawns?

On 28/07/2014 13:18, AL_n wrote:
Hello comrades,

I'm not a lawn expert, but I've noticed that some parts of my lawn resist
drying out during summer droughts. These areas have a lot of clover mixed
in with the grass - so I assume the clover that is beneficent factor. Is
this because the clover leaves shield the underlying soil and grass from
the sun's rays? If so, I'd like to add some extra clover to the areas of
lawn that don't have any clover. What is a good strain of clover for this
purpose? I'd like to buy some seed and just cast it over my lawn in the
hope that some of it will germinate and take root.

I've used something called Eco-Lawn seed in the past, which contains
something they call micro-clover. This clover just has leaves that are
about half the size of common clover. I don't know what the actual strain
is. If anyone knows, I'd be glad to know.

Many thanks,

Al

It would be interesting to get rid of all the grass and just have a
micro clover lawn.
No mowing