Old 29-07-2014, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Good types of clover for lawns?

"AL_n" wrote in
:

Tim Watts wrote in news:92diab-quk.ln1
@squidward.local.dionic.net:

And I planted some random mixture of red and white.

Some is OK - some is *very* tall (4-5"). However, it is not a
disaster - it mows OK and is quite pretty. Interestingly, if I allow
it to get tall, the slow worms and frogs *love* it as even in the
recent baking heat, it remains moist at soil level. Not exactly
ornamental though...

That's interesting. I was looking at edvertisements for red clover,
and thought the flowers look more appealling than white clover.

I too have frogs in my garden (they're like little friends), so
perhaps I'll buy some red clover seed and grow a patch or two of it
for them to eat ,and for me to gawk at..

Al

PS...
By red clover, I actually meant "crimson clover" (i.e, the *really* red
stuff):
http://www.greenmanure.co.uk/seeds/c...-manure-seeds/

What they call "red clover" seems to be pink rather than red.

Al