Old 29-07-2014, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Good types of clover for lawns?

Chris Hogg wrote in
:

DLF own Johnsons Lawn Seed, and a number of lawn seed mixes sold by
them contain microclover. http://www.johnsonslawnseed.com/ and
http://www.johnsonslawnseed.com/easylawn.php

Ivisons also do an EcoLawn grass seed mix with microclover. Available
on e-bay. http://tinyurl.com/pbzw749 Scroll down for more details.
Don't know if it's the same microclover.

EcoLawn seed is what I used for my lawn. I did the lawn in three sections )
in three successive years). Unfortunately, one of the batches of eco-lawn
was bogus; it contained large-leafed clover. I have just attempted to
eradicate that with Verdone.

It's a shame that DFL/Johnsons don't sell, separately, the specific
microclover that they use in Eco-lawn.

So I'll probably do some turf-swapping. A bit more labour-intensive but
it'll probably look acceptable after a year or three.

Thanks,

Al