Old 30-07-2014, 09:46 AM posted to rec.gardens
Fran Farmer Fran Farmer is offline

Default Most nutritious potatoes?

On 30/07/2014 2:17 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
Fran Farmer wrote:

Tonight one of our veg dishes is going to be Colcannon - a traditional
favourite.

I like that simple potato and cabbage dish too.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/colcannon/

I also like this very similar dish:
http://www.food.com/recipe/noodles-c...alushki-179227

I think every ethnicity has their version of these quick one pot
dishes. I like to make these a full one dish meal by adding some left
over cooked meat, chicken, ham, smoked sausage/kielbasa works well.

That really does sound tasty.

grow lots of cabbages, my next door neighbor grows potatoes... we
swap. This year I also planted lots of kale which can be substituted
for cabbage. I planted lots of Swiss chard too, I think it's better
than spinach and much easier to harvest and clean.

I really like kale and I prefer grow silver beet/chard over spinach. I
can feed the silver beet to us or to the chooks and spinach runs to seed
here too fast whereas silver beet can be harvested for a full year here.