Old 30-07-2014, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Sickly looking wallflower seedlings

On 30/07/2014 17:01, Another John wrote:
Hi all

My wallflower seedlings have fairly suddenly acquired small pale
"lesions" all over their leaves. I haven't noticed this in previous
years. Is this due to general distress (for example heat and drought),
or is it a pest?

Pictures are here at Tinypic: (sorry about Tinypic, which now seems to
be wall-to-wall ads and marketing traps -- used to be dead good and
simple!)

http://tinypic.com/r/29dxpp0/8

http://tinypic.com/r/2vllmxl/8

As a supplementary -- someone told me I'm supposed to pinch out
wallflowers ... haven't done this befo should I?

Thanks very much
John

I'd never describe those plants as sickly.
I'd say something has been having a nibble at the leaves
Going by your pictures It looks as if you may have some leaf miner
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps9c34ee8a.jpg

The dark dots inside the pale patches above the pot.