Old 30-07-2014, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin[_2_] Roger Tonkin[_2_] is offline

Default pouring old tea into the garden?

In article ,
says...

We're wondering if there's any benefit to this. We have a teasmade which
the wife prepares with a typhoo tea bag for the morning cuppa. The bag
goes in the compost, but there's always a little strong tea left in the
bottom of the pot. The other day I observed her throwing this into the
front garden, assuming (like coffee grounds which we throw in directly
sometimes) it would be of some benefit.

What's the assembled wisdom? Should old tea be poured directly into the
garden?

Thanks!

-E

I remember in the old days people pouring tea/tea leaves around
their hydrangea plants to turn the flowers from pink to blue
(or was it blue to pink!).

I have no problem composting tea bags, have done so for years,
but I also use a 2 year cycle of compost, so they have plenty
of time. Not noticed any in the autumn when I turn the current
compost over into the next container. Foe what its worth, we
usually use Tesco premium tea!

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales