Old 30-07-2014, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default pouring old tea into the garden?

In article ,
Roger Tonkin wrote:

I remember in the old days people pouring tea/tea leaves around
their hydrangea plants to turn the flowers from pink to blue
(or was it blue to pink!).

Pink to blue.

I have no problem composting tea bags, have done so for years,
but I also use a 2 year cycle of compost, so they have plenty
of time. Not noticed any in the autumn when I turn the current
compost over into the next container. Foe what its worth, we
usually use Tesco premium tea!

I have the same experience, though I drink leaf tea, and the
number of tea bags is small. Some brands may use nasty fabric
for the bag, though.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.