Old 31-07-2014, 08:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Diluter problems

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message ...

"Jeff Layman" wrote ...

David Hill wrote:
For more years than I like to think about I have used Diluters from
Access Irrigation, and never had any problems with the,
BUT
I bought a new one about 2 months ago. They have changed the design and
the Bottle has a much narrower neck than the last model, it lasted about
a week before I started getting a spray from the top of the thing, turns
out the bottle had split in the neck.

Somewhat in the same vein, I have a general rule never to buy anything
which has words to the effect "New, improved (whatever)..." on it. That is
because it always fails to meet the second criterion.

I always take it to mean improved for the manufacturer or seller, ie, it's
cheaper to make = more profit.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Or some of the faults have been ironed out!!

Years ago my Step Mother bought a new car, 'latest model'. Forgotten which
make or model, but I have a funny feeling it was the very first of the Ford
Cortina which would put it in the very early 1960's. It was well before she
sold the hotel anyway. That car was so bad, was back in the garage so many
times and because it was obvious she would be relating the tale of woe to
hundreds of visitors, that Ford took it back and gave her another one. I
believe she changed makers after that!!

Mike

For those ex Royal Navy.
http://angelradioisleofwight.moonfru...ive/4574468641
7.30 – 8.00 pm Wednesday 6th August 2014
‘From the Crowe’s Nest’