Old 01-08-2014, 09:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
news news is offline

Default Ants

On 01/08/2014 00:11, Jim S wrote:
Most of the time they don't bother me, but if they start coming indoors I
use those 'Antstop' box thingies along their route. They are supposed to
take their contents home to mummy and pop their clogs. I put them under a
stone/tile/slate to keep the rain out and they last all summer.

Not a permanent solution as if it rains it gets lost - but if you 'draw'
a line of washing up liquid around their entrance point, they won't come
in. I've used this in a small arc in front of a doorway more than once
- but mainly we used it in the dim and distant days of camping, to stop
them coming in the tent.

--
regards andy