Old 01-08-2014, 08:07 PM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default one tomato plant not growing any tomatoes

On Friday, August 1, 2014 9:38:27 AM UTC-7, Todd wrote:
On 08/01/2014 09:06 AM, Gus wrote:

I have 8 plants and 7 all have had a decent number of tomatoes, but one

plant has not had any. It is the plant the has grown the best and

biggest and looks the healthiest. It's actually huge-- over 6 feet

tall, and filled out well. Has had lots of flowers, but not one tomato.

It's in the same spot as I had one last year that produced many

tomatoes. I'm confused why this one plant is not growing any tomatoes,

and it is the biggest and healthiest of the lot.

Hi Gus,

Describe for us what happens to the flowers after they

bloom.

Also, wonder if you were overwatering this plant? Not supposed to water much after flowers appear to keep plant from putting its strength into greenery rather than fruit

HB