Old 02-08-2014, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bert bert is offline

Default Open your garden for Age UK Norfolk

In message , Bob Hobden
writes
"bert" wrote

Chris Hogg writes
bert wrote:

Age Uk are a commercial business much like SAGA making money out of
older people whilst pretending to be charitable

What makes you say that?

Experience
The Wikipedia entry describes Age UK as being
formed by a merger between Age Concern and Help The Aged, both
respected charities. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_UK

That's what they would have you believe. But they are a business run
for the benefit of themselves as opposed to shareholders.

I think I understand you point Bert. Some charities are now so big that
they appear to us normal folk as a big business and are run on the same
lines, their charitable works seem to pale into insignificance to their
money making.

Snip
Remember this one?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...nsumer/1064312
7/Deaf-and-blind-102-year-old-pressurised-to-buy-scooter-by-Age-UK-mobili
ty-firm.html
--
bert