Old 02-08-2014, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Sickly looking wallflower seedlings

As to the show bench, my experience is undoubtedly less than yours, so
I'm sure you're right. Sadly, the dahlia I pinched out earlier in the
season has definitely not produced 3 stems suitable for showing - or for
the vase, for that matter, unless it was a very weeny vase. It is a
gorgeous dahlia, however. Had I wanted to show it, I'd have had to grow
3 unstopped plants to ensure good flower size, and even then I'd have to
walk around with my fingers crossed!

Are you sure that it is supposed to have a large flower?
Do you know the variety?
Pic?