Old 02-08-2014, 02:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Sickly looking wallflower seedlings

On 02/08/2014 10:22, David Hill wrote:
As to the show bench, my experience is undoubtedly less than yours, so
I'm sure you're right. Sadly, the dahlia I pinched out earlier in the
season has definitely not produced 3 stems suitable for showing - or for
the vase, for that matter, unless it was a very weeny vase. It is a
gorgeous dahlia, however. Had I wanted to show it, I'd have had to grow
3 unstopped plants to ensure good flower size, and even then I'd have to
walk around with my fingers crossed!

Are you sure that it is supposed to have a large flower?
Do you know the variety?
Pic?

It is the well known decorative D.'Arabian Night', which I believe is
fairly large-headed. It is not sold (on the packaging) as a show bench
favourite, but I find it quite attractive. I'll try and get a pic, but
I'm not very good at uploading them. Have just dead-headed some, so I
may have to wait.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London