Old 03-08-2014, 07:55 AM posted to rec.gardens
Todd[_2_] Todd[_2_] is offline

Default ¡Tomatillo!

Hi All,

Harvested and tasted my first Tomatillo ever. ¡Ay, caramba!
Those things taste good! (4 grams carbs per 1/2 cup too!)

Figured out when to harvest them too. Wait for the fruit
to burst out of the wrapper, wait for the wrapper to turn
yellow, and wait for the stem to turn brown.

Wow. I could not believe how they tasted. My wife loved
them too. I can believe people make salsa out of them.

And they are growing almost out of control. I got about
25 more (green) fruit on the two of them too. I wish
tomatoes were so easy to grow. :-)

-T