Old 03-08-2014, 09:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Luton[_2_] Paul Luton[_2_] is offline

Default Cucumbers

On 02/08/2014 22:33, Judith in England wrote:

Second attempt at growing them in greenhouse: they are F1 hybrid - minis.

They really do seem to be taking ages - however there are now a few flowers
appearing.

I wonder, what are the normal timescales for growing such: time to flowering -
time to fruiting - how long they last etc

(I feed every week with tomato feed as I feed my tomatoes)

We grow one plant in a 12" pot of peat-free compost in a north facing
lean to greenhouse. Bought in April from local GC this has given us half
a dozen mini-cucumbers to date and seems to provide about 1 per week for
the rest of the summer. It just gets tomato feed when I think of it.
There is a wick in the bottom of the pot and it sits over a bowl of water.