Old 05-08-2014, 06:06 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Next year

The green beans get their own trellis or other support . I let them go
over onto the tomato cages because they were making the corn that was
supposed to support them fall over . This has adversely impacted the
sunlight to the tomatoes , and yields have suffered .
Several other things I'll do different next year ... like not grow corn .
Mine sucks , and the yield/area isn't that great . Lettuces and spinach
will be in the ground before the snow if any melts , I'm tired of it
bolting as soon as it starts to produce . I pick lettuce , spinach , red
beet , bok choy as soon as the leaves are big enough to make a salad . Too
bad it all bolts before the tomatoes are ripe . Potatoes are still on
trial , we'll need to see what the yield is .
Right now , the list for next year is topped by strawberries worked hard
to get them established ! green beans Kentucky Wonder , I'm letting some
seed tomatoes variety not decided green onions we love 'em and a few
varieties of squash , including summer , zukes , acorn , and pumpkins .
--
Snag
Blue Agave Rocks