Old 06-08-2014, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
john t west john t west is offline

Default Gift for a Keen Gardener

*Retired* chap at our allotments has been a tremendous help to us in
clearing out brambles etc, from our newly acquired allotment plot.

Quite a lot of help goes on between people at the allotment and any
*monetary* gratitude is considered a complete 'no no'.

Quite often this situation is easy to deal with since some bottles of
drink is acceptable. However the chap to whom we wish to show our
gratitude is a non-drinker.

Money Vouchers for a local garden centre still seems a bit money
oriented somehow.

He has just erected a new poly-tunnel. Any suggestions for any gift a
keen gardener would appreciate?