Old 06-08-2014, 10:49 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.home.lawn.garden,rec.gardens
Guv Bob[_2_] Guv Bob[_2_] is offline

Default Lawn Aerator

"Retired" wrote in message ...
On 8/6/14, 3:19 PM, Guv Bob wrote:
Now that we have all the comments and theories about aeration......

Anybody know where to get an aerator that's basically a 20-gallon barrel filled with water with a row of aerator tubes fastened around each head pulled by hand? Less than 1000 sq ft and too hard for foot-stomper aerator.

Well what do you know ? There is such a thing..........in Australia !

see page 30 of http://www.hicksturf.com.au/pdf/productcatalogue.pdf

Thanks, Retired. That's the idea, only the kind I'm looking for has cylinders that remove plugs like these.... Cylinders are tapered so that the bottom is slightly smaller diameter than the top, making it easier for plugs to move up and out...

http://www.deerwood.bc.ca/wp-content...woodedited.jpg

http://www.kitchenfoodgarden.com/wp-...re-aerator.jpg