Old 07-08-2014, 06:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter James[_6_] Peter James[_6_] is offline

Default Broad beans

Indigo wrote:

Our broad beans have done well this year, better than last, and I
realised the other day that there'd been no sign of any blackfly on them
this year.

I sowed the beans in spring but a bit late, if I remember correctly, so
is a clean crop down to luck with timing or has it been a fairly
blackfly-less year?

How strange. I experienced the same thing. A bit late in planting and
not one blackfly on the plants. The first year I've had that in over 50
years of gardening and growing broad beans.

Peter

--
-
The e-mail address obviously doesn't exist. If it's essential