Old 07-08-2014, 08:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default What in Blue Blazes ....

On 07/08/2014 00:30, Andy Burns wrote:
Another John wrote:

I was going to ask everyone what *the hell* this is:

but my wife used something called Google to find out that it's
apparently the larva of an Elephant Hawk Moth.

Got any fuchsias about? They love to strip them of leaves&flowers
overnight ...

I don't know what the fuss is all about, over the years I've had various
of the Hawk moth caterpillars and there has never been any great damage,
they are fascinating creatures and the moths are well worth having around.
Think your self lucky.
incidentally the link doesn't open for me.