Old 07-08-2014, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default What in Blue Blazes ....

David Hill wrote:

I don't know what the fuss is all about, over the years I've had various
of the Hawk moth caterpillars and there has never been any great damage,
they are fascinating creatures and the moths are well worth having around.
Think your self lucky.

I wouldn't mind if they just had a quick nibble and then moved on, but a
nice 18" fuchsia was literally reduced to twigs and caterpillar turds
overnight, it was roaming about looking for seconds.