Old 11-08-2014, 03:09 AM posted to rec.gardens
Todd[_2_] Todd[_2_] is offline

Default My running black thumb zuke count

On 08/02/2014 11:47 PM, Todd wrote:
On 07/31/2014 10:57 PM, Todd wrote:
On 07/30/2014 06:54 AM, Pat Kiewicz wrote:
Todd said:
Hi All,

Of my 14 zuke plants, here is my black thumb running
total.

two weeks ago: two fruit
one week ago: two fruit
this week: one fruit

Think I should fertilize? When the local organic farm
was open (turkeys moved on me), they told me the fertilized
A LOT. Their zuke plants were twice the size as mine.

Anyone have a favorite organic fertilizer for zukes?

Depends on your soil. Have it tested!

My soil has a good P bank, so I don't need to use fertilizers that
contain high phosphorous. So mainly I use alfalfa pellets (horse
food) and compost I make with shredded leaves.

Tomato-tone by Espoma would probably be good for squash
as well, and I have relied on it for years. That, or Plant-tone.

The only organic one I could find was Dr. Earth's
all purpose. Dumped two boxes on the guys.

I harvested 4 and 1/2 this week. Things are looking
slightly better.

Along with the one from last wee in the crisper, I
have enough for a pan full.

This week only got 1! Poop!