Old 26-04-2003, 12:28 PM
Jim Webster

Default UK farm profitability to jun 2002

Michael Saunby wrote in message
Maybe UK farmers need to form housing associations to build lots of

houses,
initially to be let to low income households, then.....

I would be interested to know what some housing associations are going
to do with regard those houses where they only parted with half the
equity. I remember discussing the matter with a housing association
chief executive at the time and they had made no provision for what
happened when the owner died. While you couldn't sell your half share of
the house without the housing associations approval (as they owned the
other half) which meant they could guide the sale so it went to local
people) it just had not occurred to them that inheritance was not sale.
This discussion must be over ten years ago so some of them could well
have started rewording the contracts by now.

--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'

Michael Saunby