Old 13-08-2014, 11:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ants - I give up!

On 12/08/2014 20:08, David Hill wrote:
No wonder they are such survivors - I have a sneaking admiration for
their persistence! I've given up on putting the plant in the
conservatory - it will go back to the greenhouse. I'll root a cutting,
and grow that on - in ant-free compost!

I have always used Nippon liquid, a few drops on a piece of slate or
glass or even a plant label placed where they are running.
It's never failed for me
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-New-...item3382f02a2c

Thanks - I'd forgotten about that. I've used it in the past with mixed
success. I've just bought a new tube of it, and will give it a go.

--

Jeff