Old 13-08-2014, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Michael Uplawski Michael Uplawski is offline

Default Mapel trees [Was: Back to summer?]

On 13 Aug 2014 19:15:20 GMT, Emery Davis wrote:
Since you're local, if you'd like to have various maples, let me know.
I've lots of Japanese (Acer palmatum), Amur (Acer ginalla) or Snakebark
(Father David's maple, Acer davidii) which I could send your way...

Thank You.
As our hedges are lacking some high trees (« haute tiges ») I am
considering your proposal. Maples are rather medium-sized but that is
okay, too.

However for the time, negociations between my wife and me about the
placement of new trees have come to a halt. I think that our northern
neighbour uses big quantities of chemicals on his field and regularly
“cleans” the « Talus » of all young sprout; his side and our side. As
this is the spot, where I want more trees and shrubs, we try with lots
of young oaks and hope that some will survive.

On the other hand, my girl tries to convince me, that in the middle of
our terrain, some maple-, ash- and beech-trees would help to devide it
into easier maintainable sections...

I haven't talked to the farmer who *does* that kind of maintenance for
us, but believe that he would not enjoy a tractor-slalom.

So, I may get back to your offer at a later time.

Michael

--
Location: Lower Normandy (Orne), France
GnuPG/OpenPGP 4096R/3216CF02 2013-11-15 [expires: 2015-11-15]