Old 13-08-2014, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
indigo indigo is offline

Default Back to summer?

On 13/08/2014 10:10, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 07:54:23 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

Today has started with a bright blue, cloudless sky and barely a
whisper of wind in the trees. But the temperature's a bit sharp! The
Aga was re-lit yesterday!

For a week or so now, my wife and I have both been saying that it's
beginning to feel like Autumn, when normally we wouldn't expect to
feel like that until September. The result of a very hot and dry July,
perhaps.

We've been saying exactly the same. It's been warm and sunny (when the
remnant of Bertha wasn't throwing it down in stair-rods) but there's a
definite nip in the breeze as soon as the sun's not out. The berries are
suddenly red on many Rowan trees, we've got sweet-briar rose hips
ripening in the wild-garden hedge, and the latest resident Robin is
loudly making that chip-chip-chip-chipping call that they do much more
at the end of Summer. Is it just me, or has it seemed as if everything
has been happening earlier than usual in the garden this year?

--
Sue