Old 14-08-2014, 12:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
FrankB FrankB is offline

Default Back to summer?

On 2014-08-13 09:10:10 +0000, Chris Hogg said:

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 07:54:23 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

For a week or so now, my wife and I have both been saying that it's
beginning to feel like Autumn, when normally we wouldn't expect to
feel like that until September. The result of a very hot and dry July,
perhaps.

Things are certainly going over quickly and I'd just put it down to a
mild winter and spring and temperatures and seasons balancing
themselves out. But the dryness of July could well be a strong
contributor, even with copious amounts of watering!

T've found roses going over quickly, maybe a day or 2 for the blooms to last
which I put down to hot weather and generally dry conditions. I usually
expect a bloom to last 3 - 4 days on average. I'll be interested to see if
this autumnal spell will make a difference.