Old 14-08-2014, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Garden Lighting

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
I am toying with the idea of installing some decorative lighting
in my small garden.

To be worthwhile, I am not considering solar-powered devices, and
imagine that a low voltage distribution system would be the way
to go.

I'm aware that this is as long as a piece of string, but wonder
if anyone has any experience of particularly good value
equipment, or kit with which they have been particularly pleased
or disappointed.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.

It will depend in part whether the lighting is just to look pretty or do any
illumination?

The very cheap solar lights I find have poor batteries which normally fail
after a short time, and low power lights look very pretty around the pond or
such but actually produce nearly zero light for illuminating steps say.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs