Old 15-08-2014, 09:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Universal spray for aphids, and other apple tree leaf problems?

"AL_n" wrote in message ...

Hi all,

I few months ago, I planted three different apple trees. Now, already, each
has its own issues. One has aphids, and the other two have some kind of
brown leaf patches, and holes in leaves.

I used derris spray to kill aphids on my greenhouse chilli plants. Whether
one bottle will suffice for a whole tree???

Not sure about the holes, but brown patches could indicate scab. Probably
too late to spray this year but do a bit of research on google and find a
suitable spray and use at leaf and bud stage in Spring.

I think you need to burn all fallen leaves :-
http://www.gardenersworld.com/how-to...-scab/372.html