Old 15-08-2014, 11:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Universal spray for aphids, and other apple tree leaf problems?

"Bertie Doe" wrote in message ...

"AL_n" wrote in message ...

Hi all,

I few months ago, I planted three different apple trees. Now, already,
each
has its own issues. One has aphids, and the other two have some kind of
brown leaf patches, and holes in leaves.

snip

I think you need to burn all fallen leaves :-
http://www.gardenersworld.com/how-to...-scab/372.html

Update: Should have looked in 'The Fruit Expert' by Dr.D.G.Hessayon. The
villain could be Capsid Bug (about quarter inch long)

"....... reddish-brown spots.... leaves expand producing ragged brown-edged
holes". Again, a bit late to spray, Dr.H. says " ... spray with Fenitrothion
or 'Long-last' at green cluster (leaves) or petal fall (blossom) stage".

Capsids with brown spots and holes seem closer to your brief. Not sure if
above chemicals are still available but Google Capsid Bug treatment for the
most up to date gen.