Old 16-08-2014, 01:24 AM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.home.lawn.garden,rec.gardens

Default Lawn Aerator

On 8/15/2014 4:50 PM, Guv Bob wrote:
"Guv Bob" wrote in message news Now that we have all the comments and theories about aeration......

Anybody know where to get an aerator that's basically a 20-gallon barrel filled with water with a row of aerator tubes fastened around each head pulled by hand? Less than 1000 sq ft and too hard for foot-stomper aerator.

Magically someone was passing out flyers to do aeration in the neighborhood this week. This is the just the 2nd time I've seen someone come by in 20 years.
Prices listed vary from $80-160 front and back, depending on any extra services.

Just be sure his device pulls plugs of soil and does not merely spike
the soil. The former actually aerates; the latter compresses the soil
around the holes it punches and makes things worse.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see