Old 16-08-2014, 07:22 AM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default Figs!!!!

On Friday, August 15, 2014 11:17:28 PM UTC-7, David E. Ross wrote:
On 8/15/2014 5:53 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

[...]

The little fig is bearing lots of fruit, but (after the first two ambrosiac figs) they remain small and fall off. Also plant is losing leaves.

It's only early August. I realize the Mission Black Fig is deciduous, but in our more or less mutual climate, is this normal?

Either the weather has affected the tree, the tree did not get enough

water, or else you have a gopher problem.

??? I was asking whether deciduous fig should be shedding leaves this early in the season.

Gets plenty water.

Season = usual for this area (but everything is outof phase acct climate change)

)

Gopher ??? how would that work? Straight question.

HB

Gophers love the roots of fig trees. I can't recommend a method to

eliminate gophers; there are too many variables.

Little tree is in a pot, so don't think it's gophers. Have never seen a gopher on my property in these many yearsl

This is far too early for a fig tree to go dormant. That is why I

suggested some kind of trauma.

That's what I thought; it's way too early! Will ask nabe nursery if they know.

Tx for help.

HB