Old 16-08-2014, 07:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank Frank is offline

Default japanese beetles and wild grape vines

On 8/16/2014 11:22 AM, songbird wrote:
Steve Peek wrote:
The beetles leave a pheromone once they start
feeding. You can kill every beetle on a leaf
and the next day there will be more on that
same leaf.

i can believe it...

the orgies they have too in the process. i
dunno if they actually have multiple partners
or not, but they sure do pile on at times. the
other day there was a pile of 7 of them i got
with a single grab.

songbird

The pheromone baited traps will get them but don't make the mistake of
putting them near the grapes as it attracts them to the area.

Japanese beetles have ceased to be a problem in my neighborhood and we
are in an infested area but maybe milky spore disease has abated them
although I don't think anyone here put it down.