Old 16-08-2014, 11:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Runner Bean 'Enorma'

"'Mike'" wrote in message
As just about everybody knows, we only have small gardens and because the
space is at a premium, every little bit is used to some advantage or
other, therefore the veg garden is miniscule compared to those on GW and
has to work for its living so to speak.

Well this year we have grown 'Enorma' and as there are only the two of us,
we can afford to pick early, having said that, when 'found in the
undergrowth of the forest of leaves' and are 'enormous', they are still
tender and sweet.

Will be trying them again.

I always grow Enorma. They are not stringless unless they are young though
and if you miss them them in the undergrowth and beans have formed inside I
find they can be woody.
Having said that, they crop like crazy and I am picking and freezing them
now.