Old 17-08-2014, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Hydroleca

On 17/08/2014 08:29, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 16/08/2014 22:30, Spider wrote:

Perhaps I'll just have to buy some and see if it sinks or floats. I'm
sure I could use the rest for top-dressing pots if I can't use it in the
pond.

You can sometimes find house plants in hydroleca in garden centres. If
you can find such a plant which is well past its best, you could ask the
GC if they will let you have it to try the hydroleca as a pond plant
medium. They might even have an area of plants awaiting disposal which
are in hydroleca, and you could get a potful for free.

That would be a good idea, Jeff, if Bob hadn't just helped me scupper
the whole idea! Thanks for the thought, though. I have done successful
scrounging in gcs/nurseries before, so I know it can be worthwhile. No
harm in asking.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London