Old 18-08-2014, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David B David B is offline

Default Garden Lighting

wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 16:08:01 +0100, Stephen Wolstenholme
wrote:

Sorry to be a killjoy but except for special occasions, I'm not keen on
garden lighting at all. Better to see the night sky and not confuse the
moths!

I wish I could see the night sky. Most people under 60 have never seen
a bright sky at night because of the street and "safety" lighting. If
it was up to me I would impose a night time blackout on everything
after midnight.

Steve

With the way the power stations have been run down to a minimum
reserve you'll probably get your wish this Winter a long time before
midnight.

G.Harman

It's already happened here in Essex :

http://www.essexhighways.org/Transpo...-lighting.aspx