Old 18-08-2014, 08:29 PM posted to rec.gardens
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Can I freeze Zukes?

Todd wrote:
Hi All,

I may be getting way ahead of myself -- black thumb and
all -- but if I happen to actually grow more zukes that
my wife and I can eat, can I chop them up, toss them in
a zip lock bag, and freeze them for the winter (when I
am relegated to frozen vegi's anyway)?

Many thanks,
-T

Talk about run on sentences!

Eat the small ones. Shred the giant ones and freeze them for baking
with in winter, because the big tough ones freeze a lot better.

If you freeze the tender ones, they have a nasty watery texture when
thawed -- but can still be used if you blenderize them or cook them to
pieces.

Bob