Old 19-08-2014, 10:35 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] dcschinkel@gmail.com is offline

Default Shredding & blowing peat moss on lawn?

On Tuesday, April 4, 2006 8:18:12 PM UTC-4, Mama Bear wrote:
Someone was telling me that they can use a shredder-blower to shred
peat moss and spray a think layer of it all over your lawn after
putting down grass seed, then you water and it helps keep the
moisture in and start the seed so it doesn't dry out.

What do they call the blower that can do that and what do they
usually cost?

--
- Mama Bear

Mama Bear:

You can buy a leaf vacuum/blower at any big box store like Home Depot or Lowes, as well as many, many stores that sell gardening equipment. Many, perhaps most, use the fan blade to chop up leaves as well and are perfect for spreading peat moss. The ones I'm familiar with are electric and you should be able to find one for considerably less than $100, particularly if you wait for the fall sales. The cost of the bales of peat moss should be in the neighbourhood of +/- $25 per 1000 square feet. Go to the following YouTube link to see a video demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJDkRcLrLzk

On another note, I sympathize with regard to people who ignore the simple straight-forward question you ask and instead clog the thread with irrelevant and unasked for advice, much of it simply wrong, which leaves you and others who might have come across your post in search of an simple answer to a simple question absolutely frustrated. People, if you can't answer the question that was asked of you here, BUZZ, for lack of the stronger word, OFF!!!!!