Old 19-08-2014, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Knotweed running under drive/patio

In article ,
Malcolm wrote:

Perhaps if you kept your eyes open, you would notice the difference.
Many people claim that it is always a major problem where it occurs,
and that is very clearly not the case.

It is very clearly the case in my experience.

That indicates how limited your experience is.

I somehow doubt that given that I have been an active field biologist
working on birds all over (and I mean, all over) the country, whereas
you, or so I was told, were a paper pushing clerk in a computer centre,
but never mind, it is impossible to prove.

I like it! Your delusions are impressive.

A statistical analysis of my observations is that it is definitely
rarely a major problem in the areas away from the west coast in
the areas I have seen it, and may never be.

A "statistical analysis"???? Of whose data and by whom?

Of the data I have observed, and by me. As you could check,
I am a statistician, albeit rusty.

Since you claim that you know of such locations, would you care to
inform us of exactly where?

Come to Scotland.

I do regularly, and I have observed the converse of your claims.

I also note that, as usual, you are not prepared to be corrected or to
ever admit you are wrong but instead concoct pseudo-arguments to support
your original false claim that Japanese knotweed was the "ONLY" (your
emphasis) "vascular land plant that has made itself an ecological or
otherwise serious nuisance over the majority of the country.", which is
patently not true.

What is it about the meaning of the word "majority" that you do
not understand?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.