Old 20-08-2014, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Knotweed running under drive/patio

In article ,
Malcolm wrote:

I somehow doubt that given that I have been an active field biologist
working on birds all over (and I mean, all over) the country, whereas
you, or so I was told, were a paper pushing clerk in a computer centre,
but never mind, it is impossible to prove.

I like it! Your delusions are impressive.

I was informed of this by a colleague of yours when you used to post
here using a university e-mail address and signing yourself
"Nick Maclaren,
University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory"

That was shortly before you were told that contributing to a gardening
newsgroup wasn't really part of your employment!

Really? Your delusions are REALLY impressive! I used to attach
my contact information for all postings, true, but even you should
notice that I am still posting using my university account, as I
have done for some three decades - previous to that, I used a
departmental one. Unlike some people, I feel no need to hide any
aspect of my public life.

And I have never been told what you said I was, neither in so many
words nor anything that could be construed as such. Making such
contributions always has been an accepted academic liberty (perhaps
even a right) and not a responsibility.

But thank you for clarifying a matter of some while back.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.