Old 20-08-2014, 02:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
FrankB FrankB is offline

Default Cold!

"Martin" wrote in message
On 19 Aug 2014 12:49:59 GMT, Emery Davis wrote:

Everyone's shivering here, and the minimum tonight is forecast for 5°C,
with 4° Thursday morning...

The thermostat has been turning the central heating on and off since

yesterday.
So far in NL, this August is the coldest since 1980. OTOH I have memories

of
spending the weekends of August 1980 sailing and have no recollection of

it
being cold.

It's cool in the SE, daytime temp 17° - 18° C. now and 8° C lat night. But
the good thing is my rose blooms are now lasting for at least 4 days before
goung over. Whereas when it was 28° C + they would nor last longer than 2
days.