Old 20-08-2014, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Knotweed running under drive/patio

On 20/08/14 13:57, Malcolm wrote:
Well, I know which I would rather have in terms of diversity. Willow,
blackthorn, gorse and brambles offer a great deal more diversity for
food, nests, shelter, etc., to birds, butterflies, bees, small mammals,
etc., than "a mass of R. ponticum"?

And the kids who might have played there are now nicking bits off your car.

There's plenty of diversity overall for the wildlife - one hilltop won;t
kill them.