Old 23-08-2014, 09:10 AM
pnwnhm pnwnhm is offline
Registered User

This year we have loads of hazelnuts, but like previous good years, the Squirrels get the lot when the nuts are still green. So we have NEVER enjoyed the luxury of nuts ripening and falling naturally to the ground to be raked up.

My advice is to get yourself an air rifle and shoot the Squirrels. They are quite tasty and you will certainly find good recipes on the internet. Only then will you have a chance to collect some nuts.

BBC - Food - Recipes : Sautéed squirrel, chanterelle mushrooms and autumn vegetables

Good luck