Old 25-08-2014, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Phalenopsis orchid

On 25/08/2014 18:57, Spider wrote:

When you pot up your Phals, water them as usual to settle the new
compost around their roots, but don't feed straight away. Just because
when you move house you can't wait to put the kettle on and scoff half a
packet of digestives, doesn't mean your Phals share the same
requirement! Let them settle in first.

I tried giving mine Digestives and they ignored them, I wonder if they
should have had a cup of tea to go with them?

No, David, the cup of tea and digestives are for you, after you've
pampered your orhcids, that is.

Sorry Spider I have re read your posting and see I have to let the
orchids settle first, then share the tea and biscuits with them.