Old 26-08-2014, 02:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
philgurr philgurr is offline

Default Plum tree

"Ophelia" wrote in message ...

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Ophelia" wrote
Please advise me on my plum tree which has not fruited this year and the leaves have
holes in them?

The plum tree on our allotments hasn't fruited this year either and only one of our 4
cherries, the later flowered one, had a decent crop. I believe it was because there
were no insects about when they flowered they they didn't get pollinated.

Thank you. We did get a lot of bees - which I hadn't seen for a very long time - but I
think they were too late. I do have some apples (James Grieve) but not too many. Down
to weather do you suppose?

I am a beekeeper so no problem with pollinators. I just
didn't get any flowers!

Ardmhor