Old 26-08-2014, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
indigo indigo is offline

Default Plum tree

On 26/08/2014 13:51, Ophelia wrote:

"philgurr" wrote in message

"Ophelia" wrote in message

Please advise me on my plum tree which has not fruited this year and the
leaves have holes in them?

Wish I could, mine has done the same!

Ahh. You are in Scotland too I think? But further north than I. Let us
hope someone has a remedy?

Not sure about the holey leaves, but did your tree fruit well last year?

I think plum trees can be prone to the same 'biennial bearing' as some
apples. My MiL used to say her ancient old Victoria plum would fruit
poorly if it had had a very heavy crop the previous year, as if it took
an extra season to build up strength again. That seems to be true as
last year the old tree hardly had any fruit at all, but this year is
absolutely dripping with plums.

--
Sue