Old 26-08-2014, 05:35 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Problem Lawn Mower

manuel wrote:[i]

[quote=Thank you for your response

When replacing the electronic module it as all new cables attached
So all the HT and the trip wire have been replaced
The mower is serviced at regular intervals
And is only 10 to 12 years old[/i]

10-12 years is pretty much at the end of a mower's life. I would
contact the shop that's been doing that regular servicing and request
an estimate for a tune up and decide if the cost is worth the
investment for so old a mower. It might be money better spent towards
a new mower... I don't like to put good money after bad... in my
experience right after paying to repair something old it dies
altogether. I like to have a mower that I can count on to work when I
need it, were it me I'd buy a new mower and perhaps keep the old one
to tinker with if you've a mind to do that, I wouldn't waste my time,
energy, and resources. That's why I put my old mower out at the road,
wasn't ten minutes a neighbor's teenaged son knocked on my door to ask
about what was wrong with it, I told him I didn't know but he's
welcome to it for free, I only asked if he'd let me know if he got it
running. That was last summer, he still hasn't done much with it
except take it all apart. Push mowers don't cost very much, if you
spend $300 and it lasts ten years it cost $30 a year or about $1 each
mowing for the growing season... petrol costs more and old mowers
waste fuel. Good luck.